Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sunny mild day finally!

Today certainly was a mild and sunny day! Feels good to finally have a break in the weather. While driving to Digby today i sighted rafts of Eider Ducks in Petite Passage and a Bald Eagle Soaring overhead. Also sighted in Tiddville a Rough- legged Hawk with 4 crows harrassing it. There has been a number of pheasants around and i sighted one along Digby Neck peeking up from the side of the road. In the middle of the road at Lake Midway was a Ruffed Grouse, and it seemed really unconcerned about moving out of the way! Yesterday my husband sighted a Peregrine falcon in Freeport. I have also noticed a Robin hopping around the front yard at the Westport library. In the trees near the library some black-capped chickadees, common grackles, european starlings, blue jays are sighted.

1 comment:

digbycounty said...

Great to see your blog, June! I had no idea that waxwings were around at this time of year! I am very fond of them, and I am very fond of owls. There were a couple of great horned owls every year behind my house and I enjoyed the hoo-hooing. I haven't heard them in recent times; logging nearby may have driven them off. The Maritime Bird Breeding Atlas people are sending me a CD of other owl vocalizations, so maybe I will learn that there are others in the woods behind my place.
Take care, if you get the chance visit www.digbycounty.blogspot.com, www.digbyareanewsandviews.blogspot.com and www.freewebs.com/digbytoursandshuttle